Identifying Talent & Potential
The biggest share of the right people
Several years on from the so called 'war' for talent, most organisations agree that having the biggest share of the right people is crucial when it comes to achieving a competitive edge.
Research completed by McKinsey & Company found that 86% of senior executives believe that talent is the single biggest contributor towards profitability and bottom line performance. At the same time, over half of those same executives admitted that they do not spend enough time on key talent matters, including:
- How to recruit more of the right people
- How to identify potential stars and high performers within an organisation more accurately
- How to identify and develop leadership skills, behaviours and traits
- How to prepare for management and leadership succession
- How to prevent derailment and failure
- How to deal with the people implications of structural business change, growth and evolving customer expectations
Identifying winners and future potential
Since our launch in 1993, Quo have been a global pioneer when it comes to helping organisations address the above challenges. Blending applied psychology, commercial best practices and our core expertise in behavioural science, we have helped hundreds of organisations identify, develop and retain the right people at all levels, from front line colleagues and team managers to senior leaders and the next Chief Executive.
Over two decades we have developed a globally unique assessment approach (PfAM) which allows organisations to accurately project the likely career paths of their most talented people, significantly increasing internal succession numbers and reducing recruitment costs.
We have pioneered the application of the Assessment for Development Centre, enabling large numbers of high potential colleagues to build on their core strengths and address development needs, while increasing future leader pools significantly.
We have developed ground breaking screening and assessment tools, including psychometric assessment, innovative 360 degree evaluation, thinking styles, complexity exercises and 1:1 interview techniques. Our global partnership with Hogan Assessments and the bespoke application of the Hogan Suite of psychometric questionnaires has played a significant role in helping organisations resource, screen and develop the right people, while planning with greater certainty for future succession.
Organisations including Warner Bros, Johnson & Johnson, Align Technology, Cancer Research UK and Berendsen PLC have worked with Quo to address their biggest talent challenges. To arrange an initial consultation please contact us at the number listed above.
Recent research on the subject of talent and potential
- Internally appointed staff members are 3 times more likely to remain with the organisation (than external hires) according to research completed by Hogan Assessments
- In the next 10 years there will be a 25% increase in the demand for talent within the 35-45 age range. At the same time, due to changing demographics in recent decades, the supply of talent within this age range will decrease by 15% (research by McKinsey & Company)
- The cost of losing top performing staff can equate to a financial sum up to 500 times greater than the cost of their replacement (in lost revenues)
- Staff who have taken up structured personal ’Development Plans’ have been twice as likely to remain with an organisation than those who have not
Request a callback
Let us know the best way to contact you and a time that works for you and we will be in touchSend my details now